I just finished the Monarch mittens! That’s the third UFO I’ve been able to cross off my list! Only ten left! …of course those ten are much more time intensive so they may take quite a bit longer…
I altered the pattern enough that linking to the original probably won’t be of much help — if anybody’s interested, ask and I’ll dig it out to share. 🙂
If I make them again in the future, there are several additional changes I’d make as well, particularly with the thumb gussets. I really don’t like how loose and ugly the m1r ended up looking, so will try a lifted increase in the future.
They’re rough and they’re the first mittens I’ve made. I can live with them, they work as mittens with a bit of whimsy.
-edit- I just blocked them and HOLY CRAP. The yarn smelt so bad wet I almost puked on it in the sink. It was a kind of crappy 2-ply that was unraveling even as it came off the ball, so I’d decided not to use it again but daaaaaamn. I’ve been sensitive to smells lately anyway but no, just no. I’ve never had a yarn or dye smell like that before, ever. It’s Cascade 220. Never again.
My husband said I still have to send them off even though I’m a bit embarrassed by how slap-dash they look. They were for my Grandmother.
I’m also doing a Row-Along with Star Trek blocks. I haven’t had much sewing time but the first block in the row is done. I’ll start piecing the second block soon…probably right after this post. It will be a Klingon Bird of Prey and a Romulan Warbird. The second row comes out tomorrow so I’m quite behind. Eek! Hopefully I’ll catch up since I have sewing stuff set up now. (and I can hem those pajamas to finish them off!)
The next UFO I’m picking up will likely be the “Cascading Diamonds” scarf. It’s a pattern I got out of a library book. It’s a simple stockinette stitch after the edges so gets boring really quickly. I was about 1/4 of the way through when I gave up.