I finally finished a sock!
It’s for my mother, who has very narrow feet and slim legs so it looks a bit hilarious just laying there but it does fit her (or it did before I started the star toe). She’s asleep now so not putting it on her foot yet.
Now to get its friend cast on! I’ve only been working on these when I’m away from home. I need something that’s small enough to fit in my purse.
Pattern is Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes. So far, so easy.
…ans because I’m procrastinating:
What’s your show history?
– First show – Vince Gill at the WV State Fair with both of my grandmothers 😅
– Last show – Avantasia at The Palladium in Worcester, MA
– Next show – Heavy Montreal! Teo day festival at the end of July in Montreal, of course!
– Best show – Falconer, ProgPower USA 2015 in Atlanta, GA. It was their final show and let’s be honest, I didn’t think I’d ever get to see them perform. It was amazing!
– Worst show – There are a few up for the running. I’m going to go either with Anathema (PPUSA 15) or Tarja (PPISA 18). As somebody else put it, Anathema was like being waterboarded with sleep…and I did fall asleep. Tarja was pure diva and boring. For all the hype, I left early, as did most of the other people in attendance. It was pretty miserable.
– Who have you seen the most? I think that’s also a tie between Sonata Arctica and Battle Beast. I think I’ve seen them both five times. I had tickets for October when they’re touring together too but something bigger came up.
– Best show venue? Center Stage in Atlanta is my favorite. I also really liked The Filmore in Philadelphia. The Egg in Albany is also pretty nice.
– Worst show venue? The Webster in Hartford, CT. It was so bad I’ve refused to go to another show there. I also really didn’t like the PNC Pavillion in Charlotte, NC.
– Who have you not seen but want to? Powerwolf, Orden Ogan, Ayreon, Dream Evil, Turisas, and Eluveitie are the ones left on my bucket list. Seeing Powerwolf and Eluveitie this October and Orden Ogan in September!
– Bands you’ve seen that you want to unsee? – Alabama. They looked like they’d escaped from a nursing home, sweatpants and all. Also not my genre.