I’ve been twiddling my thumbs with making anything lately. I’ve been busy and stressed.
Hubs finally started his “Secret Underground Laboratory Club” this weekend. We had people over for 18 hours straight. They didn’t leave until almost 2 a.m. It was exhausting, especially since being around people tires me out anyway.
I usually don’t feel that useful around electrical projects but I ended up being the one putting together all of the mechanical stuff needed that day and showing them how to use the power tools. Even my hubs didn’t know how to change out the bandsaw blade? It blew my mind a bit.
I’m not convinced two of them have ever soldered, either. I find that strange since they’re electrical engineers buuuut I guess not everybody grew up with a DIY dad that was happy to have somebody tag along. 🙂
They’re prototyping an electronic boost DC/DC converter there. They only lost an LED and we’re not letting them play with anything high powered yet, which is probably a good thing since they also shorted something but the equipment protected itself.
I think I need to come up with a safety waiver. ^_^;;
My schedule is going haywire shortly. I’ll be leaving on March 1st and won’t have but 11 days at home until May. I’m not looking forward to being gone that long! I’m tired already and I haven’t even started packing.
…so now for a distracting survey thingy from a quilting friend, even though it has nothing to do with anything.
How old are you: 32
– Tattoos: None. Not opposed to them, just don’t know what I’d get. If I ever had a wicked scar, I know I’d get something stitching it up or crafting related to cover it.
– Ever hit a deer: I mean, technically the one that did damage hit me. It jumped off an embankment onto the hood of the car like I was a moving stepping stone. I’ve also hit two in my mom’s car but no damage either time (which is hilarious since she did $500 worth of damage to her grill hitting a rabbit!). One was sucker punched by the side mirror because it walked out of the ditch as I was driving past. The other slid on ice in front of the car and went splay legged like Bambi and I ran over one of its legs. All of the deer shook it off and stumbled away.
– Rode in an ambulance: Yups — I did EMT training and certification after college.
– Ice skated: Nope but I’d love to try!
– Rode a motorcycle: Yes, but only with my daddy when I was little
-Stayed in hospital: More than I can count, for both myself and others
– Skipped school: A few times >_>;
– Last phone call: My hubs
– Last text : Hubs again. My phone number is only known by like six or seven people and only three of those text. The other losers are already in bed! :X
– Watched someone die: Unfortunately
– Pepsi or Coke: Coke. I’m from the south, almost everything is called Coke anyway.
– Favorite pie: Lemon meringue or my Granny Boo’s butterscotch with almond meringue
– Favorite Pizza: Pepperoni. Sometimes I’ll do ham or meatball. I don’t like things too fancy.
-Favorite season: Anything but summer. I don’t like heat! I probably like spring the best though.
– Broken bone: Pretty sure there’ve been a few little fractures here and there
– Received a ticket: Yes but the cop was a complete ass and profiling. He saw a car of college aged kids (my roommate and boyfriend at the time with me) out late and couldn’t tell me why he pulled me over. He spent half an hour looking over my car before he ended up giving me a ticket for an expired tag that wasn’t actually expired (the state sent small stickers to put on the tag of your car with the year — mine was paid, I was away at college and the sticker was sent to my home address, not my dorm…so it was up to date, just not physically on the car)…and there’s no way he could’ve seen that at night in the rain from the highway median. The ticket was waived when I called and complained.
– Favorite Color: Green leaning towards teal.