Anything for a distraction while packing, am I right?
I don’t know why packing always makes me so nervous. I’m actually already done but keep finding myself fidgeting things between bags to make it -just- right. I’m also tempted to go out and buy some Tylenol and snacks…because I’m headed to Canada for a metal festival. But first there’s the drag show tonight! Hooray!
How sad is it that my hubs and I decided to go to this festival because Beast in Black are going to be there? They’re nowhere near one of the headliners…but they’re the reason we’re going nevertheless. This is their first show in North America and, so far, the only one planned. Wouldn’t miss it!
…so to try to distract me before I unpack and repack everything…
This popped up on my Facebook timeline — one of hub’s friends tagged me in this a decade ago today. Some weird obsessions never die. 😀
1. What time did you get up this morning?
I don’t think “this morning” is the right word for it. I’ve been shifting my sleep schedule the past few days so I can handle this weekend. I woke up at 12:30 p.m. Crazy, right? The drag show doesn’t start until 8 tonight and then I get to drive the 3.5 hours to Montreal right after…so considering I’m going to be driving until probably 4 a.m., I think half-past noon isn’t too unreasonable.
2. How do you like your steak?
Medium well for the most part. I can handle filet at medium…but everything else, medium well.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Ahh, crap. I have to think really hard on this one because I just don’t go to the cinema a lot. I think it was Avengers: Endgame with hub’s parents.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Star Trek, the original series. I also like The Next Generation…but it’ll always be Star Trek.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Currently, Scotland. I really loved it there and it felt homey.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
All of it? Seriously, as long as it’s well prepared, I don’t have a favorite. At home, I mostly cook southern U.S. style because it’s what I was raised on. If we go out, we almost always pick some sort of Asian place…but we also cook a lot of that at home.
8. What foods do you dislike?
Peas and green beans and raw tomatoes. I also don’t like processed seaweed. It could be because my mouth breaks out in blisters if I eat them, but I also just don’t like them. 😛
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
There’s a really fantastic Brasilian steakhouse not too far from here. It’s endless meat — what could possibly be wrong about that?!
10. Favorite dressing?
I tend to like Italian, the non-creamy variety.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Toyota Prius AWD
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Apparently black. Hubs was helping me get stuff together to pack and I asked for a shirt that wasn’t black. “You mean this ONE shirt?” Yup, that one. It has unicorns on it, so I’ll let it pass for not being black.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
I’d like to hit up Iceland next.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Half empty. I’m a professional pessimist. It works out well for me.
15. Where would you want to retire?
Somewhere near the ocean with mountains. I don’t care where that has me ending up.
16. Favorite time of day?
I like dusk and night a lot. There’s a lot of fun things going on then.
17. Where were you born?
West Virginia. D:
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I don’t, at all. They’re not entertaining to me.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to these questions?
22. Bird watcher?
That has became quite a hobby here lately. Our backyard is a bird haven.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night, definitely. I’m also decent in the morning if I have to be.
24. Do you have any pets?
2 dogs and 3 cats.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
Ghost just announced another show near here. That counts, right?
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Playing in the creek at Granny Boo’s.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
29. Are you married?
I guess that’s why I call that guy “hubs”.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Usually, unless I’m feeling a little wild in the backseat
31. Been in a car accident?
Two. Once, my wheel fell off and I gracefully drove the now unsteerable car into a guard rail. The second was with hubs, we were T-boned when somebody ran a red light in Georgia.
32. Any pet peeves?
So many. Too many. I especially hate when people see themselves as something they aren’t and brag about things they’ve never done. If I need to put on my shit-waders to be around you, I won’t.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
34. Favorite Flower?
I really like lilacs for smell and snap dragons for looks.
35. Favorite ice cream?
Butter pecan currently. I also like marshmallow chocolate.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
None of them. Seriously, most of them make me really ill after eating them. Sometimes I can handle Arby’s or Taco Bell but that’s rare.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
38. From whom did you get your last email?
Actual person? My uncle — he’s in Greece right now!
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Holy crap. None of them. I can’t think of anything I like that much. I guess Amazon or Wayfair would have the most potential since you can find almost anything there…but still, damn.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I went to see a show with naked guys in it. That was pretty on a whim.
41. Like your job?
If I had one, I’m sure I’d hate it.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
I really like going to ProgPower USA every year.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
Just the hubs.
45. What are you listening to right now?
“Diggy Diggy Hole” by Windrose is what cycled through my random playlist right now
46. What is your favorite color?
Green, verging on teal.
47. How many tattoos do you have?
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
49. What time did you finish this quiz?
50. Coffee Drinker?
Negative. Can’t stand the stuff. I’ll take a tea, thanks.