My neighbor’s house burnt down this week. The family of five and their three dogs all made it out safely. We were told one of the dogs knocked over a space heater. Our cameras show the home going from smoking to raging inferno in less than three minutes. The house literally exploded when I was rushing our dogs to the car. We had to evacuate for about five hours until the blaze was under control – the first few tankers that arrived solely focused on saving our house and the neighbor on the other side. We have some melted exterior from the heat but were allowed back in that night. She still doesn’t have gas or electric in half her house, as they shared some lines we didnt.
The whole thing is heartbreaking – the five year old didn’t even have shoes on and it was snowing that night. It’s hard seeing the burnt skeleton every day. I can’t even imagine how they’re feeling.