Finished!

It’s done, it’s done, it’s done, IT’S DONE!

There was a bit of a scare as far as beads were concerned.  I’d ordered the orangey Smoke Topaz ages ago. This color is apparently no longer being sent to US distributors (according to the lady at the bead shop who tried to track down more for me) but it was perfect, so I went with it anyway.  I even ordered a small pack off eBay to have as backup and boy am I glad I did!

75580138_478548206338917_7568381164721799168_n.jpg

I’ll post a photo of the finished thing when it’s being blocked. 🙂  It’s a big pile of alpaca and beads right now.

But seriously, I never thought binding would end. It was a stretchy one and ended up being 1,988 stitches.  I’m more than a bit cross-eyed now.

Plus, it definitely melted my brain.

I was eager to start my next project, Taimi.  It uses the same size needles as I was using and I needed to see if I had the right length of cable or if I needed to swap it.

I keep a small measuring tape in my desk drawer so pulled it out to see what I was working with.

…I thought I had it at least.

74355638_970419093313921_4794122145963704320_n.jpg

I’ll take that as a sign that I shouldn’t be casting anything on right now…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s