I just wanted to say that I am SO proud of myself!
I dropped a stitch in my lace knitting and was able to figure it out and fix it without having to tink!!! That’s huge for me. I’m soooo excited!
Also, for fun:
29 was missing when I stole this from Facebook….so I improvised. 😀
40 odd things about me . . . Please play along! I love reading them. 😊
1. Do you like mustard? Depends what it’s on/in. I use powdered mustard a lot in cooking but pre-prepared I really only like it on Michigan hot dogs
2. Choice of carbonated beverage? Coke. It’s my liquid lifeforce
3. Ever traveled to another country? A few – Canada, France, England, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Italy
4. Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka? Depends. Straight, whiskey (preferably single malt Scotch). Mixed, tequila.
5. Hot dogs or Cheeseburgers? Again, depends on the day. I like both but have a fickle stomach so sometimes one may make me feel sick and the other wouldn’t. Right now I’d pick a burger, which is good since I’m thinking of making lamb burgers with feta on homemade naan for dinner tonight!
6. Favorite Type Of food: Ummmm…..southern? In general I love food with strong flavors. I’ll eat pretty much any cuisine but I grew up in the South, so it’s my comfort food.
7. Do you believe in ghosts? Nope
8. What do you drink in the mornings? Usually water, sometimes orange juice
9. Can you do a 100 pushups? Hahahaha, I doubt I could even do one
10. Summer, Winter, Spring, Or Fall? Fall or Spring…but I love snow, so maybe Winter too? How about anything BUT Summer?
11. Favorite hobby? Just one?! Nooooo. Um. Reading. I don’t think I could give up books. No matter how satisfying quilting or knitting or crocheting or doing anything else is, it’s not an escape from reality like books are
12. Tattoos? None. Not for a lack of interest, just can’t think of anything I’d like on my body forever
13. Do you wear glasses? Yups
14. Phobia? Ticks. Hate hate hate them, cried when one bit me and demanded to go to the hospital, and I refuse to touch them. Definitely ticks. I also have a touch of agoraphobia but I can manage it when need be
15. Nickname? Mermer, Ber (don’t really care for it but whatevs), Bernie (really hate that one), Ams, Esmerelda, Sweet Pea, and Skinny Flint (dates back to when I was very young, as I’m quite hefty now…but nicknames stick)
16. Three drinks you drink? Water, tea, coke
17. Biggest Downfall? I have massive anxiety. It can really take over and cause panic attacks. It sucks
18. Rain or Snow? Both! I looove thunderstorms and snowstorms! Give me both!
19. Piercings? Yes, five in my ears
20. Age? 33
21. Taken or Single? Married, so I guess that means taken? He’s kinda loosey goosey on everything though
22. How long taken or single? Dated for 12, married for 7
23. Kids? 3 cats, 2 dogs, 0 humans
24. Favorite color? Greens, especially on the bluer spectrum
25. Employed? Vaguely unofficially but not really
26. Can you whistle? Yups. Fun fact: one of my cats ONLY responds to whistling and my husband can’t whistle.
27. Where were you born? West Virginia
28. Brothers or Sisters? I had one sister, now deceased, and a few step-siblings. I’ve never met one of them, met one only once, the third hasn’t talked to me since she moved out of the house…I like the last one though. I’ll claim him
29. Ninjas or Pirates? PIRATES! That was a very important addition on my part. It’s almost as important as elves or dwarves (always dwarves)
30. Surgeries? Tonsillectomy, wisdom teeth cut out, endoscopy, and an oophorectomy
31. Religious? Can of worms! Can of worms! My answer may rile up some people but I’m not in the habit of hiding things. I’m an atheist and pretty cheeky about it, though I don’t talk about it unless asked or if somebody starts throwing around “we need to return ‘Merica to our Christian values!”. Yah, no. The first Amendment says no. I think religion is very valuable to some people but I also think it causes a massive amount of derision and harm. My shirt at the moment says “Metal is Religion”. I love Star Trek’s philosophy and also what The Satanic Temple advocates (NOT the Church of Satan — those are two very different things). As far as organized religion, I’m still a member of the Lutheran church I grew up in; it was built by my first ancestor in America back in the 1700s and has a dwindling congregation so I’m needed on the rolls to keep it open. ELCA is becoming a sanctuary denomination and I support that mission/message whole-heartedly
32. Shower or Bath? Baths ❤
33. Like gambling? Not really. I like keeping an iron fist on my money
34. Are You Loyal? Devastatingly so
35. Broken bones? Toes more than I can count, one or two of the metacarpals in my hand, a rib, and nose
36. How many tv’s in your house? A whopping zero
37. Worst pain ever? When one of my organs twisted and strangled itself. Organ failure hurts soooo bad. I walked out of the hospital with no pain meds because being post-op didn’t feel nearly as bad as I did when I walked in
38. Do you like to dance? Not really. Never have
39. Are your parents still alive? My mother is. My father died of brain cancer 12 years ago
40. Do you like camping? Yes! I’m old enough now that it hurts but I really love it